MJW EA & Company LLC is a designated drop location for diaper donations. During the month of December we are asking once again for your help and generosity in collecting diapers/wipes for those in need this holiday. Your donation will help these families who are unable to afford an adequate supply of fresh diapers for their children. Our efforts in this diaper drive will go a long way to ensuring that these babies get a healthier start in life.
On behalf of Bare Necessities and the families you will help, thank you!
Did You Know . . .
· You can’t buy diapers with food stamps or get them through WIC (Women, Infants and Children)?
· 22% of all children under five years old in the U.S. live in poverty and 1 out of every 3 families struggle to afford diapers?
· If a family can’t afford diapers, a baby may spend extended periods of time in the same soiled diaper?
· Diapers cost an average of $75-$100 per month?
What this means:
· In poor and low-income families, a baby can spend a day or longer in one diaper, leading to potential health and abuse risks.
· Low-income parents cannot take advantage of free or subsidized childcare if they cannot afford to leave disposable diapers at childcare centers. If parents cannot access daycare, then they are less able to attend work or school on a consistent basis. This in turn leads to increased economic instability and a continuation of the cycle of poverty.
Visit the website for more information and to donate funds to support this very worthy organization. Your donation is tax deductible. https://www.barenecessitiesct.org/