We have been seeing a rash of notices being sent to our clients lately. We wanted to remind our clients of some key points regarding the handling of notices:
- Do not throw away notices from the State or Federal taxation department
- Please provide us with a copy
- Do not assume the notice is correct or incorrect.
When it comes to responding to and understanding a notice, MJW EA & Company LLC has a plan:
- We will review the notice and advise what, if any, action needs to be taken
- We will help you communicate with the appropriate department to resolve any issues.
Please know that there will be a charge associated with work on a notice. If, in the unlikely event, the mistake is on our part, we will provide assistance with the notice at no charge. If the notice’s subject matter has to do with an error from a previous tax preparer or on the part of the taxing agency or was as a result of information not being provided to us, there will be a cost associated with our assistance in preparing the response(s).
As always, we are here to help!